Monday, October 24, 2011

fair-trade fashion {a Noonday Collection giveaway}

 

". . . when you satisfy the needs of the oppressed, your night will become like the noonday." 
Isaiah 58:10

I can hardly contain my excitement! And I will tell you why in just a minute, but first, do you know about Noonday Collection yet? It's a company where fair-trade fashion meets helping the oppressed. Now, that's a Win/Win, amen? 
  
"Our passion at Noonday Collection is to connect you with the lives of artisans struggling for a better future while styling you along the way. Fashion and design are a vehicle for opportunity and change. You, too, can be a voice for the oppressed!"


The company was started by a woman in Austin named, Jessica Honeggar. She was asked by friends in Uganda if she would sell some fair-trade Ugandan made goods in Austin, in order to raise money for her costly adoption process of her son, Jack, from Rwanda. You can read the story of Jack here and here. She, of course, agreed and started this incredible company. They now have artisans from around the globe and you can go here to read more. Here are just four of the countries below:




One of the things I love about Noonday is their passion for orphans. I was introduced to this wonderful company by my friend Missy. She sent out an invitation to a trunk show that would benefit the adoption of her baby girl, Bethlehem, from Ethiopia. My girlfriend Jamie, and I went together to the trunk show and left so encouraged and inspired by what this company was all about. Not to mention falling in love with all of the beautiful jewelry. Since then, we have been advocates for this company and are always excited to share about it with others.

There is where it gets good, people. Recently, Jamie and another woman from our church, Lee Ann, hosted a trunk show and I came home with these earrings. They're the Cleopatra earrings, made in India. Gorgeous, aren't they?

  

I was also introduced to one of the Houston ambassadors, Courtney Garrett. Y'all, she is fantastic! She's gracious, smart, beautiful and passionate about what Noonday is all about. And you want to know another reason why she's so awesome? Because she offered to give one of my readers a $50 gift card towards purchasing something from Noonday Collection. I know, seriously, this is exciting, people.

Here are the 4 ways to enter:
  1.  *UPDATE: Please make sure to leave your EMAIL (I am new to this giveaway thing and this slipped by me, but if I can't contact you, I will pick another winner!!)
  2.  Mandatory Entry: Go to Courtney's page and pick out your favorite jewelry and/or accessories and come back here and tell me what it is in the comments below
  3. ALSO, I would really appreciate if you were a follower of finding the beauty and/or subscribe via email or via RSS (let me know if you already are)
  4. "Like" Noonday Collection on Facebook
  5. Share this giveaway on your FB page and/or blog (and leave the link)
Please let me know what all you did in the comments below.
Enter before midnight, Thursday, October 27
Winner announced on Friday, October 28

Right now this is my favorite necklace - the Light Layers necklace, which I believe comes from Ecuador. Y'all, isn't is fabulous???? Oh, be still my beating heart.


Now, go and come back and tell me your favorites and get a chance to win! You need some Noonday Collection!





Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters 













92 comments:

  1. Okay, I just tweeted and fb'd and I will set this up tonight on my blog. But I am also entering here because I want that red necklace Jessica wore when she got Jack SO bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:17 AM

    I love the blooming chandelier earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Lacy Leaf earrings....AND the Embia Seed bracelet.....couldn't decide which I would be prouder to sport! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked Noonday on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And shared the giveaway on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Started following. Liked it on facebook, Posted it on my tumblr.

    I love the light layers necklace! What a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sun disc earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a follower. OF COURSE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't decide between the cross shoulder boho and bold bags and I am also a fan of the light layers necklace LOVE those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also "liked" them on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving how simple that Daughter's first diamond necklace is. I think I would wear that all the time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm already a follower of you...of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since Jessica is one of my best friends here in Austin I definitely like them on FB already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are so many beautiful things! I like the painted wood bracelets a lot. I have a link to your blog from my blog. I also 'liked' Noonday on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just tweeted and put this on my FB. Gotta love Noonday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are so cute. This is going to be FUN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Sterling Circles necklace and the Flock Together Love Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked Noonday on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...and I subscribe to your blog on Google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ummm, they're all pretty fabulous, but i love the Happy Day and the From Kampala with Love necklaces....i think i need to pray about being an ambassador, this is a beautiful premise.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i like them on facebook now....and i like NC in general.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kathy Littlefield3:45 PM

    Ok, 1)I want the embira seed necklace AND the matching bracelet and earings. Love them together. 2)Also, I subscribed(I can't believe I wasn't already), 3)I like Noonday on FB, and 4)I have shared your giveaway on FB.

    Hope I win!!

    --Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wish i lived in TX just so i could host a trunk show. i love the patchwork clutch most (but it's hard to choose.) gorgeous stories, great org.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love the Embria Seed bracelet... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. And I like Noonday on fb.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Happy Day necklace!!!

    ohhhdeer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liked on Facebook! :)

    ohhhdeer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the capris bracelets! my email is dwija(at)houseunseen.com (I'm here from Missy's place)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alrighty, I'm subscribed via RSS too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I liked noonday on facebook, too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous company!! I love the cascading falls necklace :)

    sarah at yesteachercrafts dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the sterling circles! I also liked Noonday on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the Pacific Night necklace. So gorgeous. And what a great start-up!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i'm in LOVE with the organic lace earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  35. fan of noonday on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is hard to choose, but I really like the metal feather earrings. I also love the red necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I subscribed to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am a follower of Noonday Collections on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh wow pretty!!! this stuff is amazing! i'd want the gun metal hoops. her website is gorgeous. love this. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. If I have to choose, I choose the Lacey Leaf earrings! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I added you to my Google blog reader!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Totally came to your blog via finally naptime! LOVE LOVE LOVE the funky paper bead necklace! I definately found Noonday on FB and liked it there! sharon.m.pinto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. subscribed to your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the white andt he coral cascading falls necklaces! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  45. And I "liked" them on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love Noonday!! My faves (just from the necklaces, cause man...there's just too much) are the sterling circles, the bouquet and the gemstone paper. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for sharing this amazing mission! I really loved the trellis gate cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like the circles forever bracelet. =)

    jaynachristopher @ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous8:31 AM

    Love the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  50. My favorite is the Azteka necklace. It was really hard to decide though!
    My email is shanda.oakley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I like this bracelet: Trellis Gate Cuff (the Embia Seed bracelets are nice, too.

    thanks
    Chris Ann
    treehouse.queen18 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Liked Noonday on FB
    If I am selected the winner I will gladly tell you my FB name
    thanks
    Chris Ann
    treehouse.queen18 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Do you know that I know Jessica? I've just been loving her recent journey as she was able to get her newest member of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I already follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I like the Light Layers necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Just liked Noonday.

    ReplyDelete
  57. new email subscriber
    I am a believer also

    thanks
    Chris Ann
    treehouse.queen18 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. And the fb link (don't know if I am getting this right): http://www.facebook.com/jenferguson1

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the patchwork journal!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I LOVE this jewelry!!! My favorites are the leather leaves earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I liked Noonday Collection on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I subscribed to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I am in love with the Eternity earrings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm following you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I loved it all but the Jalia Necklace stood out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like the engraved cuff.

    hewella1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I like noon day on fb.

    hewella1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the malachite maze earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  69. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love the cleopatra earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the cleopatra earrings!

    emilywgist (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I "like" Noonday on facebook.

    emilywgist (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  73. i like the noonday collection on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  74. my favorite is the honeycomb hat

    ReplyDelete
  75. Like Noonday on facebook and LOVE the filigree flower bracelet. esolgos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love the paper bead bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love the Kampala with Love necklace
    monsterthreadsshop@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am a follower
    monsterthreadsshop@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I like Noonday on FB
    monsterthreadsshop@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I shared the giveaway on my FB page

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1091685284

    monsterthreadsshop@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I signed up to receive you blog. I liked the Noon day collection I like the Triangula necklace from Ethiopia and added the link to my fb page! Love the collections!

    ReplyDelete
  82. clthomp72@gmail.com

    entered all my info in teh last comment I made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  83. I forgot to leave my email!!!

    emmyjmommy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. My fav is the Cascading Falls necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I am a follower of Noonday on Facebook!!!

    ReplyDelete