

Last weekend we celebrated Patrick's grandmother's 80th birthday. We drove for about 5 hours and the girls did fantastic. We had lunch at Aunt Gwen's and then dinner back at MaMa and PaPa's house. Saige got to stay the night with Mimi and with Ma and Pa at their house, while we stayed in a hotel. We left the next morning and all the way home all Saige could talk about was Ma and Pa - it was so cute! Even though she won't remember it, I am so glad she got to stay with them - they are so special and I love that they got to spend time with her!
Did she get to sleep in their room and hold hands with Ma? She will tell you that when I was little I loved doing that, but I don't admit to remembering it... *smile*
ReplyDeleteI remember it ... and I also remember watching everyone else get the chance. It is awesome that there is a new generation experiencing one of the best things in this world...
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun getting to see everyone. The girls are beautiful and growing so fast. Won't be long until they will be older, like Nikki and Shelbi. We will be reading Saige's blog (or whatever is 'it' then) about her sophomore year at college.
Well I remember you all taking your turn sleeping in Pa and Ma's room. I can't wait until the grandbabies start holding my hand at night. Right now they are still in their baby bed . . . but it won't be long.
ReplyDeleteMimi
Oh... I remember it too! Sleeping on the quilt box on Ma's side of the bed and holding hands. It's a wonder she ever got any sleep. :-)
ReplyDeleteLisa