
"He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." Romans 4:25 - 5:1-2
I love Easter. I mean really, it is such a glorious time to honor our risen Saviour and tell the cyncial world that He is alive. We must do this year round, every Sunday is a reminder of His resurrection, but as a world wide Church, it is wonderful to honor His Life together despite our differences while the world is watching.
With the girls, I felt that I had "one more year" before I really needed to figure out how we were going to honor Christ and not the Easter Bunny. Anyone have any suggestions? I would LOVE to hear them.
Despite, my ill will towards the Bunny, here are some pictures after celebrating Easter dinner with my parents. It turned out to be a lovely day, but since it poured earlier in the afternoon, we had the egg hunt inside. They enjoyed finding eggs and holding their baskets and Saige especially enjoyed getting chocolate! That girl loves her chocolate. In fact, she has been punished twice for opening the chocolate without permission on two separate occasions recently. And she is for the most part a very compliant child, but I guess she thinks it's worth it. I can't blame her really and it's hard to tell her she is in trouble with a straight face when she has chocolate around her lips! :)


Hey Cheryl, we really play down the Easter bunny, but we hide eggs and do baskets. They have confetti eggs down here and those are fun. You can use the analogy of the broken eggs is like the tomb opening up to reveal the risen Christ.
ReplyDeleteThe girls look beautiful in their dresses. And in Saige's defense, when a girl needs her chocolate... she just needs her chocolate :o)
ReplyDeleteWe didn't really do the bunny this year. When we do, all the children know it is someone dressed up (thanks aunt lisa:o) ... more of a spring tradition, rather then an Easter tradition. Even though it may happen in the same weekend, they are still two different things.
In the past we have incorporated more tradtions like devotions, resurrection eggs, baking those cookies that are hollow like the tomb, ect. This year time seem to slip up on us and we were trying to fit in all the birthdays.
No worries... you will find the balance.
thanks for the new post:) no tips from me. amelia just slept all day so that relieved me from the pressure of having to explain what/Who we were celebrating. I will get in line for your tips:)
ReplyDeleteLove the girls' Easter dresses - so pretty!
ReplyDeleteNo advice, either, but I know exactly what you mean. I like the broken egg suggestion.
And this has nothing to do with your post, but I'm excited to see if Saige and Meadow are getting a sister or a brother :)! When do you find out the gender?
We find out the gender on May 13 so stay tuned... it is only about 4 weeks away!! I can't wait!!! After a suggestion from a friend, we are going to have the tech write it down and then we are going to find out together over lunch afterwards. I want to be alone with Patrick and not in some office when we find out since this baby will in some ways "define" our family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being excited with me! :)
Can't wait to hear the news! I'm hoping for a boy just because I can't picture Patrick with 4 women in the house... *smile*
ReplyDelete