Thursday, January 14, 2010

They really do grow up so fast!


Reed at 4 months


The other day was a little rough. Whiny kids that don't want to play with any of their toys and a mommy that is tired make for a bad combination sometimes. It was the day the earthquake hit Haiti and I just kept thinking, I wish my girls were old enough to understand how fortunate we are to not be going through what the people in Haiti are having to endure. But then I remembered what everyone always says, "don't blink or they'll be in college" or "enjoy them now, because they grow up so fast!" It really is true so I decided to look at pictures from when the girls were 4 months old, because that is how old Reed is now, crazy I know! I can hardly believe that they were this young at one point. Before they could sit up, crawl, walk, talk, whine, feed themselves, play with play-doh, disobey, crack jokes, sleep for 12 hours in a row, color, do puzzles, run or play in the dirt. TIME GOES BY SO FAST! I mean really. Thank you Lord for perspective, both from my children and from the tragedy in Haiti. You are a gracious Savior.


Saige at 4 months old

Meadow at 4 months old

7 comments:

  1. Last time I saw him was at the reunion in October... He's grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did I blink???

    You are a great Mom and doing such a wonderful job with your little ones.

    Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Wow - Times flies!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at all you do and have time to blog as well. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meadow and Reed look so much alike! And you are right-time does fly. Before we know it, they will be too big to pick up. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Cheryl what a sweet time of reflecting. They will grow up quickly and you will have another rough day or two, but I love how you handle those days. You are a great mom and don't ever doubt yourself. Your kids are so blessed by having a mom and dad that love the Lord and seek Him.
    Good job!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i love your babes.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!