And I don't believe it's a contradiction. I believe this type of retreat is important in the life of a believer, in the life of a woman, wife and mother.
Going away to spend time in community is essential. Getting a much needed break is essential in the life of a mother. And for some women, this will be an act of faith to even go. An act of faith to leave their spouses and kids and get to know the women in their church better.But what has been different for me in preparing for this retreat is based around the post I wrote. I am approaching how I view this weekend in a different light. When my kids start fighting, I haven't been thinking, "only 1 more day, till I leave." I have been thinking, "enjoy this time with the kids, because you are about to be away from them." It has helped my attitude greatly. It has given me a healthy perspective of what the weekend should be about.
I do need a break from the kids, to be refreshed and encouraged by the Word and by the women in my life. And although I knew that would be a part of the weekend, the time leading up to it has been changed. I am not viewing it in terms of it being something that I deserve because I am a martyr at home. I view it as a gift from God. I am more thankful for the time to get away and I don't see it as my right.
I praise God for His grace in my life. Praise Him for weekend retreats to get refueled. Praise Him for the women in my life that I love and look forward to spending time with, all to His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!
It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!