Thursday, February 3, 2011

the soundtrack of my life

I hear some pretty humorous things at my house.  And while, there probably aren't too many of y'all that have dreamt about being a fly on the wall of our home, I think you'll still get a kick out of what I hear.  We have been home pretty much the entire week since we've been bunkered down for the winter blast of 2011.  It's pretty comical that freezing temps has kept us boarded up, but we are so weak here in Texas.  We just want our sunshine and our flip-flops back, y'all.  But without further ado, here is the soundtrack of my life.

"Mommy, Meadow has BIG snot.  It's really ALL over."

"That was my cough.  No, sweetie that was called a hiccup.  What's a hiccup doing in my mouth, Mommy?"


"Mommy, make Reed STOP!"


"I don't want to eat that.  It's green."


I shut the door to the garage and I heard the girls saying, "Daddy's home!"  And then they see me, "Oh, it's just Mommy."


"Mommy, now she's coloring on miiiine."



"Can you please pray for my cough to leave me alone, Mommy?"


"Mommy, Meadow's painting on her hand again."


"Reeeeeed!  Stop pulling my hair!"  


Saige: "Look at the puffet feeder I drew."  Me: "You mean a puppet theater?"  "Yea, that."


"Reed, get out of the bathroom!  I need some pwivacy."


"When we wake up, is it going to be yesterday?"


Taking the time to write these down helps me laugh about all the chaos that usually ensues after many of these statements.  It helps me to not take myself so seriously and remember that I love the soundtrack of my life.  I love the voices that fill my life with such joy and laughter.  And although the word Mommy can be said in such a whiny way that it hurts my ears sometimes, it's to good to remember that I am the only one they call Mommy.  I am the one they call for when they need help.  I am the one that they look to for answers.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I am laughing! However, you are very right about the Mom part. I still tell my kids (29, 26) that I am the ONLY mom you will ever have - and they agree and are glad (I will think about that later)! But, you know, when your girls are in a hurry to get my attention to tell me something, they may call me "Mimi" or "Noni", but they NEVER call me "MOM"! They know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are so funny and sweet and brought a tear to my eye because these days pass so fast! Enjoy the chaos and frustrations while you have it close. So fun to hear, because I can remember 3 little ones echoing those same words about 25+ years ago. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!
    You are going to be so glad you took the time to write that all down someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so much like our house it's scary! Very cute. Another scary fact: It's warmer here in Manitoba than over there today! What is up!?

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!