Friday, April 29, 2011

The Whole World Watched


I imagine myself British sometimes. I love their history, I love the royal family and I love tea time. I do believe I would make a good Brit. I have not gotten too crazy about the details leading up to William and Kate's wedding just because I know I can get, well, obsessive, so I have restrained myself. But I'm a sucker for a love story. I love hearing the details about their relationship and when I turned the TV on this morning, I couldn't help but be glued to it. But aren't most of us? I mean look at the amount of coverage that the Royal Wedding is getting. It's astounding. How many of you got up early to watch it? 
It's like the whole world is cheering them on. Rooting for them to make it. We want them to last. We want them to be the real deal. We love drama, both good and bad, don't we? The monarchy intrigues us independent, individualistic Americans. We are enthralled with the history and the richness of their culture. And when a royal couple comes together who truly seem to love each other, it's like icing on the royal cake.  
Oh, and when Saige saw Kate's dress this morning, she said, "Ooh, that's pretty. It sort of looks like your dress, Mommy." Well guess who got ice cream for breakfast? Just kidding, but she earned some serious brownie points. ;)




Isn't that what's written on our hearts? A love story. We all want to hear a story about people who love each other and make a commitment to one another. God designed it that way because God wrote the ultimate Love story. 
All the news coverage leading up to the wedding has been insane. And if you think about it, it's just a wedding. People do it all the time. But obviously when it is surrounded with history and culture and fame, it's the wedding of the century. We love a celebration too. We love a good party and their wedding reception was probably unbelievable. This wedding with so many millions of people watching is like a world-wide party. God loves to celebrate - it was his idea. 
Can you imagine what the feast will be like when Jesus returns? That will be the party of a lifetime. At our wedding reception, I chose a song for our wedding video by Waterdeep — Both of Us'll Feel the Blast — and I couldn't help but think of it today. 


I hope we sit together when Jesus serves the wine
So I can look into your eyes when I taste it the first time
And I know there's no secrets when you're sitting at that table
But I believe we'll smile real knowingly when we read the label
And it says "passion sacrificed to keep from going crazy."
We'll tip our glasses to the Host who used to look so hazy
And drink it down all sweet and slow and slip inside His mind
And realize as it goes down- this is communion wine



I am so thankful for the ultimate Love Story of Jesus as the Groom and His Church as the Bride. Thank you Lord for the beautiful images that capture our hearts and I pray they point our hearts to You.

 Cheers to the royal couple. May they live long, live in love and live in hope. 



*Update: Please check out this link that I just read this afternoon.


Did you get up early to watch it? What did you think of her dress? Did you see when he put the ring on? Let's talk.


~cheryl~

8 comments:

  1. You'll probably find this shocking but I haven't gotten in to the whole thing either. But I do intend on making my kids call me mum today and bow when they see me so there's that.

    I LOVE THAT SONG! Seriously--I wore that...wait for it...cassette tape out! I tear up at that verse every time. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet and I love that you know Waterdeep. Not so many people do. I need to go find that song...

    Did you listen to any of Don Chaffer's early stuff before waterdeep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie - no I am not shocked. not in the slightest. and yes, i wore that album out too.

    Jen - we need to talk about where you live because I am thinking you may be in the South, we have too much in common. ;) The Sink or Swim album was my first introduction to them back in 1998. And I have been in love ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen coverage yet, since we don't have cable, but I'm really excited to see it*blush*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw the back half. Young love is a beautiful thing. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched it with my youngest. I abstained from all the coverage before (for weeks and weeks before) and just watched the ceremony, and the kiss. I loved the readings and the prayers. Her dress was beautiful in its simplicity. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get up at 4am when the coverage started, but I was up at 6:30 this morning watching and getting ready for the day.
    I thought Kate's dress was beautiful and simple. I think I like it because she wasn't overshadowed by the dress. We will remember her and not a girl in a dress. If that makes any sense.
    I am with you, I think I could be a good Brit as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selena - you are so right! Kate will be remembered for how beautiful she was not just because of her dress. I am definitely a fan of simple. She was elegant and not overstated. Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!