There I said it. Now it's official. Eeeekkkk!
It's on January 1, so I have plenty of time, right?
Have any of you done one? I have done a Half, but that was pre-babies and I was in wicked awesome shape. I am taking a deep breath and telling myself I can do this. I was inspired awhile ago by a friend on facebook, who is a runner. On her RoadID, she had inscribed:
STRONG COURAGEOUS MOMMY
I want my kids to remember that I was strong, disciplined and that anything worth having is worth working for.
2. I AM DROPPING OFF TONS OF DISHES AT THE MISSION.
I am on a "purge my house of needless junk" kick. I have some thoughts rattling around about what simplifying will look like for our family. Check back for a post about my future intentions.
3. HAVE I MENTIONED THAT MY HUSBAND IS TRAINING FOR AN IRONMAN?
Oh, I have, that's right. I am just so proud of him I can't help but brag. I am working on a post about his Half Ironman a week ago. I am his #1 fan and am so inspired by him. He is seriously amazing. My friend dubbed me Ironwife, because of all the training that he does, it sometimes leaves me a single parent. But honestly, it hasn't been that big of a deal.
4. EASTER CAME QUICK.
I decided to not feel like I had to cram it all in this week. This post by my friend Kara, was very encouraging, and if you feel like it's too late and Lent wasn't what you had intended, I encourage you to read it.
We are going to dye some eggs, read from the Jesus Storybook Bible, The Lamb and talk about His Resurrection. And I also chose to make these Resurrection Rolls this week. This will be a first, so I will let you know how they turn out.
What are doing for Holy Week? Do you have traditions that you already do as a family? What books do you read?
~cheryl~
Oh, I have, that's right. I am just so proud of him I can't help but brag. I am working on a post about his Half Ironman a week ago. I am his #1 fan and am so inspired by him. He is seriously amazing. My friend dubbed me Ironwife, because of all the training that he does, it sometimes leaves me a single parent. But honestly, it hasn't been that big of a deal.
4. EASTER CAME QUICK.
I decided to not feel like I had to cram it all in this week. This post by my friend Kara, was very encouraging, and if you feel like it's too late and Lent wasn't what you had intended, I encourage you to read it.
We are going to dye some eggs, read from the Jesus Storybook Bible, The Lamb and talk about His Resurrection. And I also chose to make these Resurrection Rolls this week. This will be a first, so I will let you know how they turn out.
What are doing for Holy Week? Do you have traditions that you already do as a family? What books do you read?

I ran my first marathon Feb. 2010. It was hard/awesome/exhilarating/exhausting. I'm doing it again Feb. 2012! Rock on!
ReplyDeleteyou can do it, cheryl! seriously, you are going to rock it. i've done some, and found the mental side of things to be the biggest obstacle to overcome. but the race, dare i say it, is a blast. happy running!
ReplyDeleteI love sorting through "stuff" in my house and donating it. I always feel like the house is so fresh afterwards!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! A marathon! You just keep going -- and yes, it will be amazing for your kids. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm clearing clutter in my house, but I have NEVER run... a block. I can't run. I admire you so much. GOOD luck.
ReplyDeleteRock it out Ironwife!!! I'll start working on my Go Ms. "Churrul" sign now. (can you hear Jude saying that) ;)
ReplyDeletewow ... a marathon ... sounds like fun!
ReplyDeletewe started purging things from our home about 2 or 3 months ago and I am loving the results. totally worth all the work.
I am super impressed! I hear it is one of the most satisfying things to do. Also, it's an amazing message of health and determination to send to your kids.
ReplyDeleteI have no desire to do one myself...I think I would only run that far if I were being chased or paid a million dollars or promised a movie deal or simply confused due to some weird medical condition, but I hear that it's amazing.
You'll rock!
That's awesome, good for you. You've inspired me. I've been wanting to host a Run for Girls in our town and I think I will in the fall - gives me all Summer to train, right?! haha... hope to see updates!
ReplyDeleteI'm having a hard time with explaining Easter. Every time I try, E is completely confused and relates the whole thing to Angie, our beagle that died a year ago. Like "when is Angie going to rise up?" "Angie died, you mean she's coming back?". "Where is Jesus if he already died." Seriously, it's not going well AT ALL. Christmas is so much easier to explain.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the support. Seriously. I am EXTERNALLY motivated person, so I need all the encouragement I can get. ;)
ReplyDelete