Thursday, February 16, 2012

One Tough Mudder

This is a really late post, but I had trouble getting the video to work.  And trust me, it's worth watching.
A few months ago, Patrick looked into trying a different type of race. So he thought that running through mud, throwing himself in ice water and getting electrocuted would be perfect. 
I married one crazy dude.
He and 4 other friends signed up for the Tough Mudder race last month. And it was so much fun to watch! They did some crazy things, many of which were too far away to see (it was a 12 mi course), but it was fun to watch the challenges we could get to. 
Enjoy the pictures!

Liz, Kevin, Patrick, Matt and Jeremy

Patrick and Jeremy before the race. Jeremy looks likes he's thinking, "What did you get me into, brother?"

The best family shot we could get. The kids were so excited to watch their Daddy.

Cousin Kevin

Crazy Cousin Kevin looking fierce

Patrick coming out of the water
The team running to the final 4 challenges. The best was yet to come... electrocution.


Waiting to crawl through an ice bath under electrical wires. They're nuts.

Liz was amazing. This is her getting up the half-pipe. Seriously, she was so amazing!

My stud of a husband at the top of the half-pipe.

The kids with their war paint.


This is a video of Patrick going back to get his shoe that got stuck in the mud (thus getting muddier than everyone else). Mind you, he is running back into the wires that shocked him already once before. He thought at the time it would be a good idea since they were an expensive pair of shoes. I think his brain was fried already. You decide. ENJOY!





Patrick and cousin Kevin (are you so proud, MaMa?)

They did it! I'll let you decide which ones said they would do it again. :)




4 comments:

  1. Your husband is AMAZING. It's so cool that you support him and celebrate him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some friends that do this. It does look super fun...if you like dirt, I suppose! :)

    Missed you at SDG this week. Hope all is well. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all sounded fun until 'electrical wires'. Go Patrick!! And go Liz for representing the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome!! how cool is that? lol I bet it was fun to cheer him on!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!