Monday, March 19, 2012

miscellany monday

1. This was our first Spring Break as a public school family and it was pretty difficult waking up this morning. With the time change, all of my kids have been sleeping in till about 8am. Well, the kids stayed with Mimi and Popo on Saturday night and they went to church with them on Sunday morning. She snapped this awesome picture of my trio.


2. A good friend of mine is 27 weeks pregnant and is on full bed rest, so our church has been bringing them meals. And this weekend, I volunteered to bring a dessert (because it was her husband's birthday) and another friend brought dinner. I am not exactly sure why I do this, but whenever I volunteer to make something for someone else, I almost always pick a new recipe. And this time was no different. I was given a bunch of lemons from a friend and I am always trying to find a use for them. So I scoured the Internet and found this recipe for Sour Cream Lemon Cake. According to Sarah, it was good, but part of me was annoyed at myself for bringing them a cake that had never been taste-tested. I mean, who does that?!

source

3. We are getting ready for baby girl and have been making some changes in the house to make room. After a long heated debate, Patrick and I decided to move my craft room into the master bedroom. And although I was a bit skeptical, it has turned out to be fantastic. Since it's in my bedroom, I have more of a vested interest in keeping it clean and organized. And since there is no "out of sight, out of mind," I am actually getting some projects done. And I am very happy with how it turned out!


Happy Monday! What did you do this weekend?




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

5 comments:

  1. I bought a juicer and started drinking a LOT of juice. Not a juice fast, yet. But a lot of juice. Your family is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lemon cake sounds delicious! I always have to taste what I make first though otherwise I worry that it's not good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the kids.....I see you in Saige....Patrick in Medow...but Reed.......he is the perfect blend.

    The cake sounded perfect.....maybe you just needed to make two..one for giving...one for keeping....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK....think I mispelled a name or two.....let's blame it on allergies....blurry vision....age?...or maybe my fingers just can't see what I am trying to type.........

    Great Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that you tried a new recipe.
    :)
    That's how I roll...
    We had friends over this weekend and I morphed "old" recipes with the ingredients I had on hand.
    I thought it tasted good :)
    But who knows...

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!