I can't wait for things to go back to normal for my body. I was pregnant with my first at this same time 6 years ago and I can totally feel the difference. I am getting old people. I can't wait to bend over, oh what a joy that will be. My hands and feet not swelling, I can't even remember what that's like. Sleeping on my back or tummy, what's that? Not having acid rush up my throat at 2am, causing me to vomit - that will actually stop?
I have never met a woman, who was in her last weeks of pregnancy, who didn't want for it to end. We all want to have our bodies back and get to meet the baby that has taken up residence in our uterus for 9 months. I believe it's God's way of getting you ready to move on to the next stage - what I like to call the "newborn fog." This isn't my first rodeo and I know what's coming - sleepless nights, crying spells, figuring out the feeding thing - and so I say, "Bring it on." I am ready to get on with it, get this show on the road, so that we can find our new normal as a family of six. I am ready to meet this little girl, the one who will forever change our lives, just like her three siblings before her.
![]() |
| 38 weeks |

YEE HAW! Love your attitude. It's true - knowing what's coming makes a HUGE difference for the transition time. Also knowing how quickly the 'newborn fog' passes makes all those middle of the night (mandatory) cuddle times seem so much more precious. We'll be praying for you all!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's time!!! Will stop this morning to pray for you and the whole crew...
ReplyDeleteI love those last pregnant-mama photos :) Super cute...though I was always with ya in those final days..."Bring it On!!!" :)
You look gorgeous. You have such a great, end of gestation attitude. Can't wait to see the little darling. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look BEAUTIFUL!! Good luck, and I can't wait to hear that your precious girl is here! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Cheryl! Praying for a healthy delivery for you and baby.
ReplyDeleteI may have been one of those women who didn't want the pregnancy to end this last time, BUT I have to say, adding the 4th has been the easiest transition for me, and we're on week 5 of having 4 kids.
BRING IT ON!!! ;)
~Stephanie