"It is therefore a very great thing to be little, which is to say: to be ourselves. And when we are truly ourselves we lose most of the futile self-consciousness that keeps us constantly comparing ourselves with others in order to see how big we are."
- Thomas Merton
I was flipping through my journal and found this quote. It is from Thomas Merton's No Man is an Island. It always rings with true with me because it reminds me to be true to who God has created me to be. Now that I am home with Saige, I find that at this stage in my life I am truly doing what I was meant to do. I love being a mom and am excited to see how He blesses us in the future (with more children, I hope)! I don't usually write my thoughts but I just thought I would share this quote with others. I highly recommend Merton - he is a very thought provoking writer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!
It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!