
Yesterday was Patrick's 28th birthday and we had a big bash for him last night, and yep you guessed it, it was also St. Patrick's Day. His parents promise that it had nothing to do with naming him though! hmm... i am not sure if i believe them especially since they thought they were having a girl and only had Jennifer picked out for the name. :)
Well we had over 30 people here and enough fajitas to feed an army... it was a blast! Our house is perfect for hosting parties and I had so much fun doing it. It was nice to have a reason to get those pictures up on the wall and the house picked up... we need to have parties more often. I meant to take pictures of the grand event but I got distracted on my way to getting the camera and completely forgot. So this is a picture of Patrick at his 6th birthday party at McDonalds. Please post if you remember having a party there when you were a kid... I would love to hear the stories!
Happy Birthday! My brother's bday is St. Patty's Day, too! He is Andrew Patrick. Yep, I had a bday party at McDonalds; didn't everyone in the 80s!?! I think it was my sixth bday. Don't remember much about it, but I have pictures with pretty much the same cake and all. I wonder what the "it" place will be for birthdays for our children.
ReplyDeleteI turned SEVEN at McDonald's and it was a blast. Very cool to go see what was behind the counter. The worst part of that day was immediately before the McDonald's outing when my friend Laura sprained her ankle while we were having 'jumping contests' down the stairs (real safe!)...we have a photo of all of us girls around the Ronald McDonald statue, and Laura is sitting on his waving arm, because she couldn't stand on her ankle. Anyhow, it was fun anyways. Did you have a party there, Cheryl?
ReplyDeleteNo, when I turned six, I had a party at Show Biz pizza which is now Chucke Cheese. Do they have that in Canada, Jacki? Anyways, I remember getting my name printed on a little license plate... I thought I was so cool. And my friends all that I was cool too... or atleast that's what I thought! : )
ReplyDeleteThanks for your posts!!
Never had a birthday at McDonald's, we only came stateside in the summer and having a winter birthday ruled it out. But I did get to go to some for the cousins. I am pretty sure somewhere there are pictures of all us at the McD's in S'ville at someones birthday....
ReplyDeleteI had a party there too. I don't remember what birthday it was. I do remember being so excited about the candy Ronald McDonald on the cake and the party favor bags.
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you today. Thanks for the nice comment about the albums. I can't wait to see the pictures.
every st. patrick's day I think of Patrick's birthday. Even if the naming wasn't on purpose, it sure is helpful to remember his birthday!
ReplyDelete