Well I found Saige writing this because she was so excited about the news that we found out this morning...
She tried to hide it from me at first...
She tried to hide it from me at first...
But couldn't resist showing me how proud she is that she is going to be a BIG SISTER

Her she is observing her fine penmanship. :)Patrick and I are thrilled we are going to be having another little girl! I can hardly believe it actually... at first I was a little shocked because I wanted a boy and honestly was a bit disappointed when we heard the news. And then feelings of guilt overwhelmed me because I thought, "how bad of a mom can I be for not wanting a girl?" But I had to be honest with myself and I realized it is mostly because I am fearful. I don't know what sisters look like and growing up I didn't particularly like girls (atleast through middle and the beginning of high school). I know some of you out there know what I am talking about. :) Well it didn't take long for me to get excited... I started thinking about how I never had a sister and wished I always did, so I am glad Saige will get to experience it. I told Patrick on the way home that I need to read Little Women again (I loved that book so much as a child, I think I wore the cover off), so I can get excited about the fun things about sisterhood and not worry about the fighting and drama that is inevitable! Ha! I called my brother and sister-in-law for some encouragement because they have 2 girls and a boy, and I also called my friend Diane, who has two girls. I was so encouraged by everyone I talked to. I also received a precious gift from the Lord when we got home. Saige is so sweet but she doesn't always want to cuddle, well when we got home all she wanted to do was snuggle with me and her blankie. I cried while I held her and thought "Thanks God, thank you for little girls. They are so precious and I can't wait to meet my next one."
That is the cutest way to announce your exciting news! GO PINK! Oh, they will be so close. I have 2 sisters and am smack dab in between them. It was great growing up having someone to play barbies and dolls with and share clothes with. There is drama, of course, but now we look back and laugh about it. I just have to say that I LOVE Saige's outfit! It is so CUTE! Congrats on the blessing of another daughter, Cheryl!!!
ReplyDeleteYea! I'm going to have another niece! I need more pink in my life. =)
ReplyDeleteSaige is so adorable! Y'all are going to have a ton of fun with a house full of baby girls.
ReplyDeleteSee y'all at bible study!
Kim and Madi
Wow... how exciting !!! We love girls!!! (and boys too :o) They will be so close. I love my sister and we are really close both age wise (14 months) and 'togetherness'. Plus... our girls are so very close and watching them together (especially Nikki and Shelbi) is one of my favorite things about being a mom!! This will be so fun ...
ReplyDeleteLove the way you announced it, with Darbi we went to Build-a-Bear and made a bear and dressed it in pink. Took pictures and emailed them....
Hope all is well and you are feeling good.
Cheryl - how exciting! And what a great way to announce it. How wonderful these girls will be -having you raise them and having them you as their mom and role model! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your announcement today. Anitra is right....you are going to be the best mom to those two little girls. They will grow up being no-nonsense, God-loving, outdoor/adventure-seeking, beautiful on the inside and out....just like you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ps. Being between two brothers, I was fearful myself about having daughters but Josie's sweetness has blessed me so much. Looks like Saige has done that with you as well....
congratulations!!! I am excited for you guys. I love my sister so much and couldn't imagine life without her!
ReplyDeleteHey Cheryl!! WAHOO!! I'm so excited for you guys. And jealous. Rob will NEVER let me find out the gender of this little bean and i'm just dying to know. Everyone here's hoping for a boy, so i'm expecting that it'll be a girl. :) Anyhow, 3 sisters in my family and it was the BEST. It's going to be amazing for you to see two of the same gender from the same parents yet so completely different from one another. wow. I am so excited for you. congratulations!
ReplyDelete