Tuesday, June 19, 2007

at this point I was 3 people... it didn't last very long as I got very tired!
saige and her daddy
the kargers, who are pros at hiking
going up the trail before Saige started screaming because of the altitude and wind

a happy Saige once we got back to the car!

We are back in the real world and I am having mixed emotions. We had so much fun - life slowed down and it was so refreshing. Saige and I were in Buena Vista with Meeka, her kids and Tania for about 5 days and it was great! Saige loved to watch the 'big kids' and they were all so good with her. We started missing Dad though and when Saige saw him for the first time she went crazy and for the rest of the day only wanted him to hold her... it was pretty cute. We all stayed there for about 5 more days and went hiking and just hung out in the town.
Then we headed to Albuquerque and stayed there for 3 nights at some relatives of a friend of ours. They had about an acre of land just south of downtown with 3 houses and so we stayed in one of the guest houses... they had a really cool setup. They were very hospitable and we really enjoyed our time there.
Then we made our way back home, stopping at the Great Sand Dunes National Monument, the White Sands National Monument, (the wimberlys like sand dunes!) Marfa, TX and Big Bend. We love road trips and this one did not disappoint. We are looking forward to catching up with everyone... see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad y'all had a great time! I LOVE the picture of Saige with her Daddy. It's so sweet. You look great, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very glad that you are home! Saige looks so old...are you sure you were only gone 2 1/2 weeks? Like the comment about carrying three- that is quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!