Saige has really grown attached to her baby doll and it is pretty much the only thing she plays with at the moment. It is fun to watch her carry her around, feed her and rock her. She often times wants me to do it first and then she imitates me... it is so cute. We are getting ready for the arrival of the real baby in about a month or so. I can hardly believe that we are going to be bringing home a newborn... I am definitely more excited than scared this time around, other than the actual labor, I am really looking forward to holding a baby again. It hasn't been that long since Saige was small, but I still don't remember it really. I think moms get amnesia... and I think that is one of God's gift to women - so we would want to follow his command - "be fruitful and multiply." :) I can honestly remember sitting in the hospital bed after Saige was a few hours old and saying to Patrick - "I know women say this all the time, but I am SERIOUS, I am never doing that again!" I remember saying it, but I don't remember the pain that was involved. Obviously, because here we are 14 months later, and we are about to be blessed with another sweet baby girl. I can hardly wait to meet her and see what she looks like! Thank you, Lord, for children... they are such a gift.
Saige is so cute! She has such a sweet smile and personality. She will most definitely be a great older sister. I'm looking forward to seeing her interact with her baby sister.
ReplyDeleteLabor and delivery amnesia ... is truely a blessed gift !! I have said the same thing after Nikki and Shelbi and Kenna and Darbi and Billy ... but yet :o)
ReplyDeleteYou will do great and as you know there is hardly anything better than holding your new little one in your arms... It will be so fun watching Saige as she is first introduced to her sister.
I notice the countdown number is now in the 20's !!!! How exciting... are you feeling okay??
ReplyDelete