Monday, November 12, 2007

Meadow Rae Wimberly


Sorry for the lack of communication!! We have had a CRAZY last couple of days! But if you haven't already heard our beautiful new daughter - MEADOW RAE made her appearance on Thursday, Nov 8 at 12:17pm. She weighed 6lbs 13 oz and was 19.25 " long. She has some light brown hair and the longest fingers and toes - she is so cute and so different from Saige. They look a little bit alike in the face because I think they both have my lips, but other than that, I think they look so different. Labor was very smooth and Patrick and I laughed at how relatively smooth it was... well, I think God knew what was in store and knew that I would need my strength. The night Meadow was born, Patrick started feeling really sick and for him to admit that he didn't feel good was huge and I knew he was serious. So he went home that night and got some rest and then came back early the next morning (still feeling bad). We were released from the hospital at about 2pm and headed home. When we got home, Patrick decided he should go to the doctor so he left with his mom, while I got to see Saige and my parents. About 30 min later Patrick calls - he has strep throat and the doctor said he shouldn't be around anyone for about 48 hours! So I left with my parents and took the girls to their house and was going to stay the night there. This was about 4:30pm. We ate dinner at about 6:30 and my mom said that didn't feel very good and that she didn't want to eat anything. Within in about 30 min, she was throwing up! I tried to stay calm... so I called Patrick and he suggested I go to his parents, so they came and got me at about 7:30pm. Anyways, I felt like a vagabond with no place to go... and I couldn't believe I was doing this with a newborn and a sick 15 month old. When I finally laid down that night, I think every part of my body started to ache. I had been running on adrenaline and didn't even realize how tired I was. Even though I had pushed myself too much that day (by trying to hold Saige, etc) it was good for me to stay strong. I am always the one to run to Patrick when things get out of sorts and this time I didn't I have that choice. I had a sick daughter and a newborn that needed me to stay composed and not panic. Don't get me wrong I broke down plenty of times, but for the most part I wasn't a wreck. And I was so thankful that God provided a way for me to get rest - I don't know what I would do without family - and I was just so glad to have a bed finally to sleep in! The rest of the story is good (now) and I got plenty of needed rest at the Wimberlys while Saige got better and was loved on by her grandparents. Meadow was the only one that wasn't sick - she did so good and I am so glad she slept so much. We are back at home now as a family and are looking forward to taking pictures and letting Saige get to know her sister. She already says "baby" and gently pats her - it is the sweetest thing! I can't believe we are a family of 4!! Thank you Lord for your provision and strength.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you are home finally! Enjoy your time together!

    Meadow is beautiful! We're so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Meadow is beautiful, just like her big sister!

    You have been through quite a bit! Glad things have settled down for you and your new family of 4! God always gives us the strength to get through somehow.

    Can't wait to see more pictures of Meadow and hopefully some sister pictures, too :0).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't believe all that you've been through in the past week- I'm so glad that everyone is better! Laura and Stevie are dying to see y'all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! Congratulations!

    Now go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS LOVE the name

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!