Well, the very first day that we were all back home as a family was rough to say the least. Saige woke up at 6:15am (she usually sleeps until 8am) and was VERY cranky until Patrick laid her back down again at 7:30am. I woke up with the worse stomach ache/cramping ever and thought - oh, no I am getting what my mom had. My parents came over to bring us coffee and diapers - 2 musts around here - and I told them I wasn't feeling well. They suggested I take my temperature. As I lay there and could see it going above 99, I just started crying. I couldn't be sick, I can't start throwing up, how am I going to do all this if I am at the toilet all day? That thought overwhelmed me for pretty much the whole day until I went to the doctor. My mom went with Meadow and I and as we were driving, I looked at her and said, "Mom, this is Hell." I mean, I have this beautiful new daughter and the poor thing has been overlooked this whole time because of everyone's ailments. I thought - poor second child, it has already started for you. She reminded me that by next week everything would be normal and that this won't last forever. Well to make a long story short, the doctor told me I had a stomach virus that has been going around and to take it easy and to only eat certain things until I am feeling better. Thankfully I feel pretty good today and Saige has been a little easier to handle. She still has a cough and runny nose, but I think once we get her back on a routine, she will be good to go. Meadow is such a doll - she is so sweet and calm and I love to just hold her and kiss her head. I know that she will grow up so fast and can hardly believe that Saige was that small. I love my girls and am so thankful for them. But Lord help me in the days to come, as I know it will be hard to manage both of them once Patrick goes back to work.
Here are some pictures of our girls. I think they are so sweet, but don't let them fool you. It was a bit much for Saige - she handled it pretty well, as you can see, but when she was done, she started pushing Meadow away. It was actually pretty funny. Saige has been a real trooper and while we walked around the block yesterday morning (as Saige was patting Meadow saying "baby") I thought - I love that my girls won't know a day without their sister. Now that is pretty special.
that is sweet! they are cute. you make me want another one now...and that says a lot!
ReplyDeleteAdorable. And saige looks like a teenager when she's sitting next to Mea-Rae.
ReplyDeleteThey are so beautiful! Great pictures. I am glad you are all feeling better. Now we need to pray for enough rest for you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
'our girls' .... what a sweet phrase, one you will use many times :o) What a team they will be, and an absolutely beautiful one!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Your girls are beautiful! And I think your mom summed up the secret of life--everything comes to an end at some point so if it's tough, take heart and if it's wonderful, savor it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful girls! Congratulations!! If you are up to it I'd love to visit soon. Let me know when is a good time for you. I can't wait to meet Meadow, she is just adorable!!
ReplyDeletei'm so sorry you guys have been through so much sickness! i know it all too well~
ReplyDeletemeadow is just precious and Saige is so cute!!!
i love the pictures!
i want to see you guys when you are up for it..
my kids have been sick too so we'll wait a while!
we are praying for you all!
snuggle lots with that sweet baby...you can see now how quickly they grow up!
congrats you guys. they really are so sweet! i'm glad your labor (at least) went well cheryl. jed and i are really looking forward to meeting our #2... seeing your 2 together is very exciting!
ReplyDeleteall the best - enjoy your bladder room!
love elly
Hey Cheryl. Glad your girls have each other. Maybe we can get together in the next month.
ReplyDeleteHey Cheryl! I found your blog through Angie (imagine!). Congratulations on 2 beautiful girls! (Meadow and I have the same birthday.) I hope to catch up with you soon!
ReplyDelete