I am done being sick. Finally. It has been an extremely long week. My world came to a halt last Sunday when Saige quickly came down with a fever. After church Patrick and I went to our favorite mexican eating establishment and were enjoying tasty chips and salsa and our regular order of chicken fajita nachos, when we realized something was awry. Saige loves the chicken there and wouldn't eat any and I thought well that's odd, she didn't eat any breakfast either. she wanted me to hold her so I pulled her out of her high chair and I asked Patrick if she felt hot (she was burning up). I held her in my lap while we finished our nachos and i looked down and she had fallen asleep. this girl hadn't fallen asleep in my lap in well, NEVER, she never falls asleep when i am holding her. I looked up at Patrick and said we should probably go soon. And any good, loving parents would have, but not us, we decided to stay and enjoy our chips and salsa because we new it was going to be a long day... and that day turned out to be a long week. I took Saige to the pediatrician on Monday and her regular doctor wasn't there so we saw a different one. She prescribed Saige an antibiotic for an ear infection. This would have been her fourth one in 5 months. I thought - are you sure? I wasn't thrilled about giving her antibiotic but I got the prescription filled. Well then in my gut I just knew it wasn't an ear infection because she was acting so different, she was sooo tired and wasn't wanting to eat anything. Well the next morning she had the worst diarrhea ever and I knew that it was something else. I called the nurse and she said if I didn't feel comfortable about the antibiotic then to stop and bring her in to see her regular doctor the next day. Well then that night, I came down with the stomach bug and Patrick ended up taking Saige to the doctor and he confirmed that it wasn't an ear infection and that she probably had the rotavirus that had been going around. Well, Saige recovered much quicker than I did thankfully. But let me tell you people I hate being sick. It is really true that nobody's happy when mama ain't happy. And I am a lousy sick person. I just want to curl up in a ball and die but you can't do that when you are a mom, oh no, you still have to have patience and all of that. Well thank the Lord for Patrick. He was such a lifesaver this week and I didn't do him any favors. Sorry, babe. Oh and thank God for parents - my mom and dad sat with me at the ER (because I got dehydrated - fyi - stomach bug and nursing a baby is a bad combination) while Patrick's mom kept the kids. Meadow never got sick but the poor thing got out of sorts since my milk supply dropped so much - I think that was the hardest because I couldn't do anything about it for her instantly. To make a long story short, because I am tired of thinking about it, everyone is fine now and my milk supply is getting better. I have just sat outside and enjoyed this beautiful weather all day - I think sunshine is therapeutic. And I love that I don't have to be near a toilet.
Just a picture for all you people that only look for my kids! :)
How awful... I bet it was a hard week. Glad to hear you are all doing better.
ReplyDeletePraying for a great week with lots of sunshine ...
Cute picture ... loved the pictures from the previous post also. Sister pictures are way too cute :o)
OH Cheryl...I am feeling for you!! That sounds horrible. Way to stick it out, though. My attitude would have gone to the gutter, as well. And Thank the Lord for great family being around! Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awful week! I am so glad you got through it to the other side.
ReplyDeleteblessings to you and your sweet family