Thursday, May 8, 2008

super mom

The things a Mom won't do for a child... well, there aren't very many. I don't put myself in the league of Super Moms on normal days, but today was an exception. As I was putting Saige to bed tonight, she kept saying "Shoo bug" and I just smiled because she has been telling everything to "Shoo." But then I saw it. A ginormous roach right over her crib in the corner near the ceiling. If I wasn't holding her, I would have screamed for Patrick and ran out of the room. But since he wasn't home (he was out fishing in his new "John boat" with my Dad and caught a big bass, see pictures below) I had to handle the situation myself. I got a broom and wacked it down and then smashed it with my shoe. All the while saying, "Shoo bug" so Saige would think it was a game. It worked, she thought it was pretty funny. And went to bed peacefully since the bug went "bye bye." So that is my Super Mom story. I would love to hear one of yours.
Oh, and here are some pics from recent days.


Meadow and Daddy

Saige and Mommy

Meadow - 6 months today!

Outdoor fun

Saige - 21 months

Patrick and his 5 lb bass

Patrick, his bass and his new boat



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    what a beautiful family! and I love your hair...missing you on mondays! - Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrestled a cockroach out of the mouth of a crawling Eva Rose. She held on tight too, let me tell ya.

    I know. I win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:05 AM

    Yea! I love the bathing suit on Saige! I can't believe that I thought that would fit Zoey. I have a lot to learn about babies...

    Love, Ashley Knippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of any particular Super Mom stories at the moment, but what does come to mind is the countless times I have caught my children's vomit in the palm of my hand. We all do it, don't we?
    Now tell me.
    Would you catch your spouse's vomit in your hand?
    I didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!