Wednesday, July 30, 2008

TWO YEARS OLD (on July 29th)


Saige Olivia,
You are our "big girl" now! I can hardly believe that you are 2 years old. You bring such joy to our lives and it has been fun watching you grow and learn this past year. The first word I would describe you as is SWEET. You are the sweetest little girl I know. A friend the other day, who hasn't spent much time with you, said that you have a sweet spirit, and she is so right. I pray that the Lord fosters this in you. I pray that people will be attracted to your sweet spirit and that it will one day be the Holy Spirit in you that draws them to you and ultimately to the Savior.
You are also so much FUN! You love to laugh and you have been that way since you were a baby. You also love to make others laugh, especially your family. You are shy with strangers, but once you get comfortable, you love to talk to them and make them smile. I love that about you.
You love to play with your sister and that warms our hearts. You are so kind and gentle with Meadow and I can really see your nurturing spirit already. You love your Mommy and I often times think of you as my sidekick. You also love your Daddy and get so excited when he comes home from work. You laugh and squeal when you see him and I know it makes him so happy.
You also love to talk! You are very good with words and are already speaking 4 word sentences. And you say the funniest things, your Daddy and I are always saying, "Did you hear her?" Partly because it is so funny and partly because we are always so surprised by how much you learn. You can already put your shoes on and almost put your shorts on. You love letters and numbers and you love to color. You can climb up into your car seat and you are so proud when you do. You are doing things so quickly, that I know if I blink, you will be going off to kindergarten.
You are our firstborn. You are patient with Mommy and Daddy as we are learning right along side you. You are making the way for your siblings that will follow and that is not an easy task, and we recognize that. But God gave you to us first, because He has a purpose for your life even down to that detail of being "the firstborn."
Saige, we love you more than words can describe. You are such a special little girl - you are our princess. We pray that you grow to be as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy



Saige - 1 day old

Saige - 1st birthday party

Saige - 1 year old

P.S. Tania, I love that you remembered Saige's birthday! You are awesome!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 PM

    happy birthday saige!
    she is a beauty and a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday !!!
    Hard to believe 2 years have already flown by ...
    She is certainly growing into a beautiful young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet letter, Cheryl. Happy birthday, Saige!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Happy Birthday Saige! Love, The Davis Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Saige!!! You are adorable!!!
    ~Elyse~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Cheryl that is the sweetest letter to Saige. You need to print it and put in her baby book. She will treasure it someday.

    Saige, happy 2 years old.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saige is a blessing to her Papa and Noni as well. She is such fun to be around. What a superb letter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saige is such a blessing to her Papa and Noni as well. She is so fun to be around. Superb letter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've only had the pleasure to meet little Saige once, but i have to agree that everything that you say and believe about this now 2 year old is so true Cheryl.

    She is such a blessing, and I loved even the small amount of time I got to spend with her!

    --kelly (Ashley's friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. we love you, saige!! we're thankful to have you in our lives & love watching you grow up. you're such a darling :)
    meeka & chad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Saige!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!