Let me briefly tell your our saga. I was woken up by a text message from Patrick's dad on Thursday morning, saying he was not going to work and was headed to Lowe's to get plywood for the windows. I thought - Whoa! I wasn't thinking it was going to be that bad. So Patrick, Charlton and Mark proceeded to board up all of our windows for the rest of the day. Right when they finished our house and left, I was outside sweeping and some people walked by with their dog and said something to the effect that "all that wasn't necessary and that it was only going to be a little wind and rain." I just smiled and said well that's how my husband's family does things! :) But what I thought in my head, and what I should have said out loud was, "yea people scoffed at Noah too, and look where they ended up!" And those people couldn't have been more wrong! Well, we spent the rest of the next day just getting last minute preparations together, like gas and water and just waited until Ike hit. Jenn and Evan spent the night with us because we ended up having power until midnight and they were sleeping in our room when the tree in our backyard came crashing down on our roof. We all jumped up and gathered in the living room - it was pretty scary. The girls slept through the whole thing! I was so thankful because it was loud and that would have been miserable, especially since it was getting pretty hot inside. Here are pics from the next day:
The rest of the tree that crushed the girls' playhouse that Patrick had startedThe rest of the week was spent cleaning up, spending time with neighbors and friends and enjoying a break from the norm. We have a huge amount of people in and out and it was so fun. The girls thought it was one big party because of all the people that came to play in Saige's room (or thtat's what she thought of course)! Oh and we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary on the 15th... that morning Patrick was in our neighbors backyard up in the tree with the chainsaw! Fun memories!! Not having electricity for 8 days was just an inconvenience. We were so blessed to have a house to go home to, with or without electricity. Please continue to remember those less fortunate and if you are able or want to, pleae contact me about ways you can help. Christ Church will be helping the folks to the northeast of us that are worse off and this work will continue long after the craziness has past.
Here are some fun pictures of the girls! Enjoy!
Saige's first ponytail! I had to get a picture. Oh and of course she is dressing up with her "goves."
Here are some fun pictures of the girls! Enjoy!
Saige's first ponytail! I had to get a picture. Oh and of course she is dressing up with her "goves."




Ahh! I love the ponytail! I'm so glad to hear that you guys are alright...no, more than alright! That you had a downright good time! Praise Jesus for protecting you and giving your rich memories of this time.
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty much the cutest ponytail I have ever seen! I can't wait until Kailey's hair is long enough to give her one! I am glad you guys are all right through the storm...My parents just had a lot of limbs down but the Davis' acrosst he street (Gayla, Mandy, and Lauren...) had a pine tree fall and crush their car! It was pretty bad so my parents feel very blessed!
ReplyDelete1. Happy belated anniversary!
ReplyDelete2. I am impressed with your ponytail skills - my mom could never get it quite right!
3. So glad you guys are well - I miss you!! I am going to get out there one of these days to hang out.
Well it looks like you did the right thing boarding up... and it doesn't look like you got to much damage... I did get a couple of emails from Patrick so I knew you made it through... We're hoping things get back to normal for you guys very soon...
ReplyDeleteoh the girls are so cute and what a blessing they slept through the storm - that alone is amazing :o) glad to hear you didn't experience any severe damage to your house and things are up and running again.
ReplyDelete