Our friends, the Reeves, sent us a gift for Meadow the other day and I was so excited when I opened it. I have been hearing about this book from friends and had been wanting to get it for my girls, so I was so thrilled that they gave it to her!Well, Saige has moved up to a "Big Girl Bed," and she was a little overwhelmed by it at first and even though she slept it in the first day, the next day she started to resort to "baby behavior." All of sudden she couldn't do anything for herself - she wanted me to put her shoes on, put her in her carseat, feed her and she wanted to sit in "her highchair," which is really Meadow's now and has been for about 4 months. Anyways, I could tell that she was acting out and that she was a little concerned about the change. This didn't surprise me. Saige is a little apprehensive about change, thus the reason I have not started potty training her. She was very resistant to it even though she liked the idea. She would talk about going potty on the toilet but as soon as it was time she would say no. And then after a few days of this and her starting to get constipated, I clued into the fact that it actually scared her to go on the toilet. She can verbally tell me so much, but she is not ready, so we have dropped it. Well, anyways back to the Jesus Storybook Bible. So to encourage Saige to stay in her bed during naptime the following day, I broke out the new Bible and she loved it. She kept wanting me to read, but I told her we needed to go nigh nigh. When she got up from her nap she wanted me to get the book down, so I did. But when she put it down and started playing with something else, I put it up because I didn't want Meadow to get a hold of it and tear out a page or something. So a few minutes went by and here comes Saige down the hallway, "Mommy, I need Jesus. I neeeed Jesus. I need Jeeesus." With a big smile, I said, " I know sweetie, I know you need Jesus. We all do." And even though that is a funny story, I pray that the Lord makes that the cry of her heart. Lord, help her to see that she truly needs You.
Awesome. I love that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a very sweet story.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to children not being ready for something different. We have been talking to Billy about moving into a big boy bed, nope he is not interested at all. Want one like Darbi's?? No desire :o) Not a battle I am willing to volunteer for at this point.
That is the sweetest story and so precious! Our grandbabies have amazing parents and I am so thankful for each one of you and your love for Jesus.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brenda
Hi Cheryl
ReplyDeleteI came across your fun Cherries blog via a google alert thing. And thought I'd stop by and say Hi.
Thank you for sharing this precious story about the book. It's going to be one I keep for those times when I forget why I'm doing what I'm going.
OUt of the mouths of infants...
WOW!
Also, reading of Saige's dealing with new things, I had to also let Saige know that I too am a big sister--and that I wrote a book specially for sisters like her called HOW TO BE A BABY BY ME THE BIG SISTER... I think she (and Meadow) may really enjoy it because it's meant for someone just like her...
you can find out more at my site and blog
and also at my facebook public page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/sally-lloyd-jones/29128179904
my best to you all--and most especially Saige!
How cool Cheryl.... your book may not be autographed by the author but your blog has been. Maybe you can print it out and paste a copy in the front cover :o)
ReplyDeletewe have the same bible and we love it too! it's great. that is a funny story. i'm with you on how fast this is going. too, too fast. do you think child #3 will grow up even fast than #2?
ReplyDeletei can't believe sally lloyd-jones read your blog and left a comment!
elly
I belong to the fan club for this bible too. The first time I read the Eden story I just burst into tears at the end!! The kids gave me pretty funny looks. But in a way I saw the Fall for what it really was for the first time.
ReplyDeleteAmazing book.