Friday, December 12, 2008

NeW yOrK, nY

Wow. What a city. It was totally what I expected - fast-paced and fabulous! My mom and I had a wonderful trip - it was a whirlwind, but it was fun. I have posted some of my favorites and highlights of the trip. Enjoy!

Mom and I outside our hotel
Notice how narrow the entry way is - there were 4 rooms to a floor - 2o stories up!

Near Times Square
M&M's World - need I say more?

NY Stock Exchange... pretty interesting being there during a recession

Seeing "Wicked" was definitely a highlight! I recommend seeing it - a very good and clever musical!

Okay, these guys were hilarious! They do a routine in Battery Park and would say things like, "Hey, white people, you don't have to be scared of the black guys!" Too funny!

The tree at Rockefellar was another highlight for me. It snowed the night we were out there - it was so beautiful and picturesque!

Rockefellar Center

Ice Skaters at Rockefellar Center

Mom and I on the subway!

MACY'S - Look at the crowds! I felt like I was in a concert with the number of people that I was sqeezing around!
Me enjoying my mimosa at a delicious brunch at the top of a revolving restuarant!
Good food with good conversation - my kind of day!

Mom and I enjoying hot chocolate in Central Park

7 comments:

  1. Cheryl, It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...that looks amazing! I'm so happy for you that you were able to celebrate in this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!
    dany and i are staying at scott and blossoms the 22nd and 23rd. ya'll should come hang out one night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you could make the getaway. too bad you were soooo close and yet so far. guess you and hubby will just have an excuse to make another trip to the northeast hopefully real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful! What fun to have with your mom! I love New York. Wicked is awesome...big fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Cheryl those are such great pictures. I love the one of you with Rockefellar Center behind you. You and your mom will have some wonderful memories.

    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great trip. Sorry I missed you guys at the Christmas party... I thought I was going to have time to just drop by but stayed later in Dublin than I expected...

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!