
Yes, that's right, I am going to New York City with my Mom for 5 days - just the two of us! She will be turning 60 on Wednesday and I will be 30 in June, so this is our girl getaway in honor of those birthdays.
One of the things that I am looking forward to most is seeing the tree in Rockefeller Center. The tree this year has a pretty interesting history, which makes me all the more excited! Read an article here about it.

I will post pictures and tell of our adventures when I return. Until then all Christmas planning is on hold... I am getting out of town and going on a much needed vacation!

Oh I absolutely loved going to NYC during this time of year. One of my favorite places for a dessert is Serendipity3... http://www.serendipity3.com/ . It requires reservations in advance though. Have a wonderful time with your mom!
ReplyDeleteWow! How fun!! Have a blessed time!!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite places! I got engaged at the tree at Christmas time.. that could be why. :-) Very beautiful place! I will second the recommendation for Serendipity. Yummy! Frozen Hot Chocolate!! Be sure and check out the window displays. Some years they are cool and some years.. not as much. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteLisa
Ummm... is Patrick watching the kids?
ReplyDeleteMake sure you leave enough food and a good phone number before you go! *smile*
Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the encouragement through the blog! Have so much fun in NY. I love that place. Ride the subway whenever you can and you will get the real feel for the city. Have fun! (I love your blog also!)
Y'all will have a great time!!! So will Patrick and the girls. At the end of 5 days, I bet you both have some really good stories to tell :o)
ReplyDeleteCheryl,
ReplyDeleteI hope you had fun on the trip... can you send me your address?
davyellen@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Ellen