
Another post about Meadow... more of Saige to come. Meadow is FINALLY walking! She is 15 months and just now walking... and let me tell you that I have been very frustrated. Mainly because she has been so discontent and I knew it was mostly due to the fact that she wasn't walking (and a lot of teeth were coming in). I emailed a friend of mine, Jacki, and mentioned that Meadow wasn't walking and what she emailed me back was so encouraging. She said that "God seems to be in the business of helping us with those kinds of things." She went onto say that, "Tonight I asked Jesus to persuade Joshua to enjoy MEAT, because he's hardly touched any meat in the last two weeks. I personally love meat and wouldn't know how to go about raising a vegetarian baby (hehe). Well, within five minutes Josh was pretty much inhaling his ham. I often forget how amazing it is to get God involved in the small details of parenting."
Well I began to pray that God would give Meadow the confidence to start walking. Two days went by and I told a few of my friends about what I was praying, and asked them to pray for me to have patience because I was getting fed up. On Thursday after her nap, I went into get her and we just played a little while in her room while Saige was still sleeping. I got her stuffed animals that she loves and held them out for her to take them. She would just sit down, crawl over, take them, and cuddle with them on the
floor. I thought, "how cute, but this isn't working." Well after about 5 minutes she pulled up on her crib and was pointing up and acting like she wanted to get in, but I said, "No, naptime is over." But I got her blankie out for her and she squealed with delight and then took about 6 steps to me! It was so AWESOME! She just needed her security blanket - something to hold onto. So now she looks like Linus from the peanuts walking around with it dragging between her feet. She still prefers to crawl when she is in a hurry, but let me tell you God came through that day! She made huge progress and seems so much happier! Praise Him for caring about the details in life!
WOOHOO! I am SO PUMPED!! 1. Because I have had so much experience with fussy-because-I'm-immobile babies :) and know how excited you must be and 2. Because GOD is so faithful!! Way to stick it out in prayer. And praise the Lord that you won't have to carry TWO babies (one inside, one out!) Good job, Meadow!
ReplyDeleteCheryl,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and Patrick! That's so exciting that you're going to have a third baby. Saige and Meadow are going to love him or her and be awesome big sisters. I pray God will grow that little one strong and healthy in your womb! Lots of love, Michelle
This post was so encouraging for me.. I often cry and feel stressed over the small stresses of motherhood..
ReplyDeleteI don't pray about them as often as I should because I feel like the are small or silly.
Loved this post!
She is super cute and I bet you are excited! Answered prayers are awesome...
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome Cheryl! She is so cute walking...
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good post on potty training. I do a lot of these things, but am planning on incorporating more of the pre-potty training stuff with Audrey now. Maybe I will have Audrey and McClaine out of diapers at the same time. Ha Ha!
http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/02/potty-training-101.html
How wonderful that you are expecting your third! God is good and you will love having three kids- it is so great!
Wonderful! He does care about everything.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see you soon. maybe i can drive out there next week.