So we attempted to start some of the things on the "before baby arrives" list this weekend. And well, I think our house exploded! We took everything out of 2 rooms, painted them, reorganized them and put them back together again. But what came of that was a little experiment. Since we painted the nursery, aka Meadow's room, we had to move her bed out since the paint fumes were too strong. So at 7:30 at night, our friends, Scott and Blossom, helped us move the crib into Saige's room. At first, Saige was very excited at the prospect of her sister sleeping in her room. And actually after some chit-chatting, they fell asleep. But the next day at naptime was disastrous! See, Saige takes after her Mama, and she really needs her sleep. So after an hour of Meadow standing up and saying, "Saige," she had just had about enough. She kept telling us, "Meadow keeps talking to me!" So after 2 hours of us going in to reprimand them, we gave up and got them out of bed. For the next hour, Saige was literally on the verge of tears whenever she would talk because the girl was so tired! It wasn't pretty. But luckily, Noni and Papa had volunteered to take them that night (unbeknownst to them) and the adrenaline of getting to see their grandparents helped fuel them the entire evening. I am SO thankful that we had a relief team because we were exhausted from all the cleaning we had done that day. But we have started the process and it feels good to have something done. Our guest room/office is organized and the nursery is on its way to being done. I think that we will put the girls in the same room at night, but separate them during naptime for awhile until the newness wears off. I will let you know how that goes!
Good luck with the girls' sleeping arrangements! That seems tricky!
ReplyDeleteWhen Missy and I shared a room, we used to get up during naptime and jump on our beds or sing into the box fan to make our voices all wobbly. Missy had the bed next to the door, so she could see our Mom coming just enough before me that she could jump under the covers and pretend to be asleep, and I got caught! Good luck, Saige and Meadow! Be nice to each other!
Cute! I love the white board! Do you guys still live in that first house you bought that I came to see Saige in when she was born, or did ya'll move?
ReplyDeleteVery funny, Jenny! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! Yes, we still live in the same house. But since you were here, we added a room, which is the nursery now.
honestly, I don't think I have commented yet... but congrats on the BABY BOY! Wow, you are one brave and blessed mama. Three under three, right? Or close enough to it! I know everything will go great and the girls will eventually love being in the same room (apparently Meadow loves it too much now.) Keep in touch and good luck with everything!
ReplyDeletethe room looks great!! the new color is very handsome :o)
ReplyDeleteit will take some adjusting but saige and meadow will eventually love sharing. nikki and shelbi have always shared, until nikki left for college. my favorite part was the whispering and secrets they shared at night, i always thought that is when they bonded the best.
we are about to make some room changes around here that will need some adjusting. bristyn is still in our room but is soon to be shelbi's new roommate. shelbi is very, very excited :o)
Glad it's working out with only a few bumps. Bumps are to be expected when we make changes. I'm taking notes for the future when we move the girls together.
ReplyDeleteawesome! what time did they wake up the next morning? 5:30?
ReplyDeleteI love the new and improved rooms. They all look great. Saige and Meadow will love being room mates when they adjust to being together. They will always have special memories and stories to tell.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brenda
Baby room looks great! I love the green. Sounds like a good plan for nap time- you don't want to mess with that. =)
ReplyDeleteSomewhere along the way I missed the announcement of a BOY!!!.....I know you are all thrilled. And speaking as a Mom of two boys....enjoy your rest while you can.
ReplyDeleteAunt Alice
glad you got it done!
ReplyDelete