I love my husband for many reasons but one of them is definitely because he is a handyman. Another aspect of him that I admire is that if he gets an idea in his head he does it. Well I am glad he has both of these traits so that I don't have to worry about him being "Tim the Toolman" and have to call in a professional after he has messed up. He had an idea for a playhouse for the girls and it wasn't too long before he built it! And let me tell you, it is amazing! It is literally a little house that you could sleep in. It is tall enough for an adult to stand in and it is outfitted with sheetrock, paint, electricity, a linoleum floor, and real working windows. He has plans to put in an AC soon as well. Saige always tells her Daddy thank you for the house which is just so adorable!! I am looking forward to them having many years of memories in it!

the girls LOVE their house and are very proud of it

Saige

Meadow

Notice where her hand is... Patrick had to make an improvement because one of Saige's friends' got his little fingers smashed in the door hinge. Sorry
Asher!

Saige cooking in her kitchen

Meadow waiting for her food
Looks great! I might have to build one of those myself soon!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! My girls have a playhouse, and they LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteawesome! I've been over to your house several times since he's finished it, but I never saw the green door. I love it! It completes it!
ReplyDeleteThe photos are so cute too
If yall need help building that other back room, give us a call. Perhaps our husbands can work as a team. Scott can help with yalls projects and maybe Patrick could help with ours.
We still have a large tree stump stuck in the ground here...
and me and you and the girls can stay inside in the AC and drink iced tea. I vote YES!
Their house looks wonderful....brings back memories of the one my Dad brought home for me. They will enjoy this for years and years!!! and all their friends will want to come to YOUR house to play!!!
ReplyDeleteTell Patrick.......He did good.
Aunt Alice
Patrick and Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteThose are the sweetest pictures and Cheryl I agree you have one very talented husband. Love the playhouse and love the pics of the girls in it.
Can't wait to come see it all set up.
Love,
Mimi
that is a super playhouse! today it is playhouse with a kitchen and dolls... not too long and it will be a pirate ship, batmans cave, or a bank robbers hideout :o)
ReplyDeletegreat job Patrick!!
Thanks for all the kind words!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a fun project... even more fun now that the girls get to enjoy it.
At the outset I thought that I could save money by building a playhouse myself, but once I got going I did get a little carried away. So, it was definitely not cheaper than one you can buy, but this one can also be used as a bomb shelter if needed.
Patrick
That is the CUTEST house! The girls will love playing in their new playhouse and having friends over. They will have wonderful memories made there!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Patrick!! Yall are a great couple!
Love,
Noni and Papa
oh, we have discovered that nowadays you can very rarely (there are exceptions of course) save money with do-it-yourself projects, especially if you want it done well and how it is visioned in our dreams. canning, jelly, making clothes, are just a few examples. it really is about having fun, improving skills, and the satisfaction of a job well done.
ReplyDelete