Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party



A few of the blogs I read are participating in 5 Minutes for Mom's Blog Party, and I thought I would join in on the fun, because who doesn't love a good party?

My name is Cheryl and I am married to a Crazy Man named Patrick. And we have known each other for 21 years. We met in 6th grade at church. We started dating after high school, and we got married on September 15, 2001 — 4 days after 9/11. We have 3 fantastic kids. Saige is 4.5 years old, Meadow is 3 and Reed is 18 months. They are super fun, super smart and just super cool. Together we make pretty awesome kids. So, you're welcome, world. ;)





I wrote a while ago about why I blog, here and here
This is a portion of what I wrote below. Please leave me a comment and let me know where you blog at, so I can come visit you.  Thanks for stopping by!


I am passionate about motherhood. I am passionate about sharing life with other moms in the nitty-grittiness of it all. And I strive to be honest about the struggles. I strive to encourage other moms, not because I am an expert, but because I value authentic community. I am striving, by God's grace, to find His Beauty in the everyday — in the struggles and in the victories.

I am passionate about women in general. And I think it is important for women to have other women in their life who are going or who have gone through the same thing.
 It's the whole Titus 2 thing. And I think it is crucial for women to journey together and have a place where we don't feel alone. Ultimately, I believe, that community of women needs to be in flesh and blood, but I think an online community serves a purpose as well. It's pretty rad when you connect with someone who lives thousands of miles away. Having a larger community broadens my sense of accountability. When I know that there are other people on this journey reading my blog, it challenges me to practice what I preach.
I want this blog to be a place of honest discussion. I want this to be a place where you know that I love Jesus and that I am keepin it real. I love to talk and debate and have intelligent discussions. And at this phase in my life, it's hard for that to happen in a setting that isn't interrupted a bajillion times by someone needing me to wipe their toosh. So this blog can be a place where we can laugh, talk, and discuss everything from our struggles to loving the least of these to our favorite bits of pop culture. The way I see it, I can be Linda Richman from "Coffee Talk," and when I get veklempted, you can all talk amongst yourselves by leaving me comments. 



~cheryl~

22 comments:

  1. so true-it is crucial for us all to journey together and get support from each other! one of the reasons i love blogging. love the picture of your 3 kids on the stairs-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have! I found your blog via the UBP, and am your latest follower. Being an older mother, I have few friends that have children my children's ages, so it is refreshing to meet other mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A party is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading here. Will come again. Came over from the UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!! Looking forward to reading more and getting in on some of the discussions!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by from the UBP! What a beautiful family you have... so great to meet you all!

    joy & blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the party-nice to "meet" you! I love people who keep it real! This sounds like an encouraging blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping in from the UBP for a quick visit, but, honestly, I cannot wait to come back for a longer visit! This is a blog I'd LOVE to follow!

    http://calverettechronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes. . .sharing and supporting, even in the not-so-glorious moments. Yep. I like your mission.

    So glad we met through the Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful family! I wanted to stop by for a visit from the UBP! My name is Paige (#273)! So nice to meet you!

    Blessings!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have some cute kids. :-)
    I loved reading what you are passionate about and I agree. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous family you have! I love their names too. I loved visiting your blog...hope you'll check mine out and leave a comment too! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Stopping by from the UBP! I like what you blog about!! Looking forward to reading more!
    you have a beautiful family! I invite you to check out my blog when you have a chance! www.megansutliff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post- you and I think a lot alike! Your family is beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Thank you for checking out my blog and following me! Yes, my husband and I moved to Boston in Jan this year to plant a church! What is the name of your friends church? We have met a lot of awesome Christian couples and pastors to learn more about Boston and always take up the opportunity to meet people. Do they have facebook? You can either write back on my blog, or facebook me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cheryl,
    I was commenting on another blog (from UBP) and saw your comment above mine. I love that you signed it, "Grace and peace." That's one of my favorite blessings to leave with someone. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed reading your party post! I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cheryl,
    Lovely to meet you through UBP. This is my first year and I am enjoying finding so many great blogs, like yours.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey
    #269

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Great photos! I'm visiting via the UBP11. Like you, I find blogging also helps me organize my thoughts and keep things in perspective, in focus. I also blog to raise awareness about Down syndrome. My 3-1/2 yr old son was diagnosed with Down syndrome at birth and while the world is generally more aware about it these days compared to 10 or 20 years ago, there are yet a lot of stereotypical misconceptions to clear. He is a blessing to our family and he does not "suffer" from it. Anyway, this is our journey. I hope you can follow along. :-)
    http://billandria.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party-with-5-minutes-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so right! We as women should really seek to be Titus 2 examples to one another!
    Just stopping by for the party. What a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I'm visiting from the UBP - #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian List. Very glad to get to know you a bit - and I hope you might be able to stop by my place, too. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Howdy!

    You have adorable kids!!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!