Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Neither Hair nor There

I am getting my hair cut this afternoon. I only get it cut like once or twice a year. And if it wasn't for my mom always paying for it, I would probably either have hair down to my ankles or some horrible cut that I did with Fiskars (not that I've ever done that 2 times). Well every time I say I am going to do something drastic, I chicken out or my stylist doesn't quite believe that I want a major change. But this time... this time will be different. I have decided I am going to get some major highlights and chop it short. Not boy short, but short. So here is me before:

My hair, after I cut it myself because I am impulsive and couldn't wait until the 17th. This is straight out of the shower, nothing done to it.

My mom in 1968, she was 19 years old. Should I get this hair cut?

This is SUPER cute!

I assure you, I will not be getting the "Kate."

I like this cut.

And I like this one too.

I know you can all hardly wait to see what I choose, and you will probably not get much work done because you will be so preoccupied with it. Have no fear, I will post pictures this afternoon of the new do. 
You're welcome.

~cheryl~

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it. Are you coming tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting. I can't wait to see your new do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 AM

    I KNOW IT WILL BE CUTE WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT. ARE YOU TAKING SAIGE TOO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I'm not kidding...it's starting to get creepy...

    On Sunday--my husband sat me down to have "the blog talk". I think your husband called him.

    And--I chopped my own hair on Sunday with kitchen scissors...nice--right? And then my friend Jenn came over yesterday morning to help me "fix" it...because I am too cheap with $ and time to want to go somewhere and I'm WAY to impatient to wait when I get the "shorter hair bug"

    I was cracking up when I saw your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should keep the fiskar look, save the hair cut $, and come visit me in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Cute styles. My hairstylist's theory is that the moms with short hair look the most put together on a regular basis. Just remember that it won't actually look like the pictures and both will require styling on a daily basis. I chopped my hair off 6 months after my first son was born and it's still short. I MAKE myself maintain it by going to the salon every 6-7 weeks and I HAVE to blow dry mine (it's a wedge style) or else it looks really funky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are few things I enjoy more than a dramatic change in haircut. Have fun! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!