Thursday, August 4, 2011

f.i.v.e.

the beautiful birthday girl

In the past, we have always done the kids birthday parties at our house. 
It's cheaper, usually —depending on our crazy I get— and it's just simpler. I enjoy decorating and hosting, so it's usually pretty fun. But this year, since 5 is such a big year, I wanted Saige to pick where she wanted to go. 
When I asked her, she quickly said, Chuck E. Cheese. Patrick and I just as quickly responded, "no, way in 'you know where.'" Well, we didn't actually say that but that's what we were both thinking. It's just not the place where I want to take a bunch of kids, let them run loose, shove pizza down their throats, sing Happy Birthday and then leave. 
No, I prefer the home party, and this place, that we decided on, taps into that idea. They do simple, fun games that are age appropriate. They let the kids run around and jump on trampolines and swing from bars. They serve lunch if you provide it. Yes, they actually serve it for you. And then they CLEAN up after you're done. Let me repeat. They clean up all of the crumbs, wrapping paper, chips and spilled juice.
Glorious. Absolutely glorious.
When my son had devoured his chocolate cupcake, leaving 1/3 of it on the chair and floor, I turned to the kind college girl that was our hostess and told her that was reason enough to have the party here and not in my living room. 
Thank you, Lord.
So, all and all the party was a success and I think everyone had a great time.
Meadow wants her 4th birthday party there now. 
  
Meadow and Saige
handsome cousin Steven
an excited bunch of party goers

Steven pointing to who the birthday girl was that day

Brothers? No, but they look like they could be. Jude's mom and I have thought that since Reed was born. Lord willing, they'll be good buds though.

bubbles are so simple. another reason why we love this place.

Reed was obviously having a blast

sweet cousin James
My attempt at a cupcake flower cake

Reed's priceless expression when they pulled the cupcakes out to sing Saige Happy Birthday.



Opening presents - Steven kept saying to Saige, "You will be so surprised." 

Tape and school supplies from ZuZu - a brilliant gift. 

The party people with little brother picking his nose. Classic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!