Well, Saige is 11 1/2 months and I am beginning to plan her 1st birthday party. I can hardly believe it. I decided we are going to have a simple party with family and her god family because she gets a little overwhelmed with too many people. Don't get me wrong she is very social, but I think it will go over better if there are less people there that are staring at her and wanting to hold her. We just got done with Jenn's wedding this past weekend - which was awesome and I will post about that when I get some pictures - but I really saw how emotional she can get when so many people want to hold her. She would be smiling and waving one minute, and then the next she would be crying and pushing people hands away.
Our little girl is growing up and she is definitely not a baby anymore... Patrick said the other day, "she may not be growing, but she sure is growing up." Saige is still wearing 6-9 months and size 2 diapers, but I think she is perfect, and I try not to let it stress me out! :) Like my sister-in-law Tami said, "there is a scale for a reason and our babies are just on the smaller side of the scale, so that other babies can be average." :) That made me smile!
Hey Cheryl...small parties are super and seem more meaningful in the end because you get to 'socialize' with everyone.Ellie is the same way with big crowds. You'll have a blast...make sure to post tons of cake pictures!! (I can't believe what a petite little girlie you have! At least she can wear her clothes for a long time and hey, what a blessing to not have to carry a 30lb child with a growing belly!!)
ReplyDeleteYES, that's a GREAT idea. We made the mistake of having a huge birthday party, and Hattie didn't enjoy herself much. We've learned our lesson the hard way! Saige looks perfectly petite and beautiful!
ReplyDelete