Thursday, August 30, 2007

the simple things


This post is dedicated to my good friend, Lauri, who once told me a wonderful story about a kid she babysat for a couple of years ago. This little boy was about 3 or 4 and he lived in one of the most pristine places in Florida - a place where movie stars buy homes. So you can imagine that it was a huge house and that this child was not without plenty of things to entertain him. In fact, Lauri said that he had two entire rooms dedicated to storing his toys. Well when she babysat for him one time, instead of playing in one of his 2 toy rooms, he spent the majority of the time playing with none other than a box of dental floss.... yes, I said dental floss. He found all sorts of things to do with it and I just thought - Wow! That's awesome that he could use his imagination amongst all the clutter.

So I recognize that kids get bored with toys and instead of buying more, we try to rotate them so they always seem new to Saige. Toddlers also have a short attention span, but every now and then something catches their attention... aka dental floss. Well it wasn't floss for Saige, but I love when Saige finds something and plays with it for hours. So for 2 straight DAYS it has been a straw from Sonic and a drink coaster.

Saige enjoying her new discovery... she looked like an artist with her brush and pallette.

Saige realizing that I am holding something (a camera) other than her

This is the fake cry she does when she is upset that mommy isn't holding her... oh wait baby girl when your little sister gets here. That should be interesting!

Oh happy days are here again!


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:23 PM

    she is just precious! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture you added to your header! It's funny you post about this because Hattie's 2 fav. things to play with are straws and the dental floss container. She also enjoys suitcases with lots of zippers. Funny about the whining...I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Maybe our girls will both be actresses some day! Such cute pictures of your pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is such a little cutie! I love their imaginations. That is a hilarious story and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I forgot to mention Stella's favorite thing to play with, nursing pads. She loves to wear them on her head like they are hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Hey Cheryl! We'd love to get together tomorrow afternoon. Your house or mine? Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it so funny what they end up playing with?! She is so photogenic. Adorable! What great pics!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!