
The other night, Patrick and I were able to get away for a couple of hours without the girls. We were so excited to eat out without feeling like we had to scarf everything down for fear that one of them might make a scene. Just kidding, our girls are great and we can usually eat in peace, but anyone that has or has had small children knows what I am talking about. We decided to eat Mexican food - chips and salsa here we come, and it was oh so yummy! Well on our way home we got behind a slow driver, which is a pet peeve of mine, and I mean she was going at a snails' pace. So Patrick pulled around her and said, "Oh, of course, she's on her cell phone." The light turned red, and as we were stopping, I saw the woman on her cell phone and to my amazment I realized that she was on TWO CELL PHONES! Yes, 2 phones, one in each hand and one on each ear. What was so important that she would be talking on 2 phones while driving still alludes me. It actually left me speechless at first until I realized she was driving with her elbows! Yes, that's right, I said ELBOWS! I burst out laughing and got Patrick's attention... and what else did we do, what else could we do? We stared at her. We wanted her to feel our eyes piercing her skull so we could give her the "mouth wide open get off the cell PHONES stare." But of course she didn't notice. The light turned green and I see her reach down and shift. Did you catch that? She was driving a stick shift, while talking on two phones and driving with her elbows. We were both dumbfounded. Patrick said it would have been too much if she were smoking - I think I would have had to pull her over. So people, please get off your cell phones while driving. I said phones, plural... I am not going to preach at you for driving while on your cell phone, we all do it, but please don't talk on two, that's a little more than I can handle.
That is really crazy and dangerous, but quite funny too. I try not to talk on my cell while driving, but it doesn't always work. I need to try harder!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brenda
Ok, ok, I'll never do it again, sheesh.
ReplyDelete