
Rockport, TX
Fishing... this is Patrick's current hobby and obsession. I say obsession because he has always enjoyed fishing but if you know him then you know what I mean about obsession. If he gets something in his mind there is no stopping him. So lately it has been fishing and I rather enjoy it when he gets passionate about something. You see he is the 'doer' in our family and when he wants to do something we do it. He wanted to go fishing so he arranged everything (and I didn't have to plan a thing) and we were able to steal away for the weekend, while Saige stayed with her Mimi and Popo. We headed to Rockport where we stayed at a house on the bay and all we did the whole weekend was fish. Well I should say Patrick fished and every now and then he graciously let me reel one in and keeps telling everyone that I caught them. It makes me laugh since I think I maybe cast 3 or 4 out of the 100 that he did! :) We actually caught 6 worth bringing home (2 red drums, 2 black drums and 2 sheep heads) and to make things more interesting we ended up catching 7 stingrays! It got pretty annoying but the first 2 or 3 were pretty funny because they are really heavy and we'd get excited thinking it was "the big one!"
We brought Meadow with us and since it was so windy, she mostly had to stay up at the house. I would sit out with Patrick when I could but I got to spend a lot of time reading, which I thoroughly enjoyed! Here are some pictures from our getaway. Notice the gorgeous view from the back porch.



Meadow's set up on the dock. We were trying to keep the sun and the wind from bothering her. She was such a trooper and not to mention a cutie pa tootie the whole weekend! It was nice to just spend time with her, we missed Saige, but it was neat to give our attention to Meadow.

Here's Patrick reeling in one of the stingrays... too funny!
How many times did y'all go, "Wow, one kid is SO easy!"?
ReplyDeleteWhat fun and Meadow looks so relaxed.
ReplyDeleteI am interested in what you did with the stingrays?? Keep and eat 'em? Throw them back??
Loved the pictures! What a beautiful relaxing place to be. Meadow is a doll.
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun with Saige. She keeps you laughing.
Love,
Mimi