Saturday, June 14, 2008

birthday week


Well, I turned 29 last week. That's right, the last year of my twenties. I will be sad to see them go, but I am looking forward to my thirties, as it was one of my mom's favorite decades of her life. Other than of course when she started having grandbabies (she has 5 so far)! :)
I felt very loved by my friends and family for an entire week or more - dinner out at Carabbas, an Astros game (and we actually won), brunch at La Madeleine's, whole wheat pancakes made by Patrick, and a delicious dinner at the Railroad Cafe with him, and countless cups of Starbucks coffee brought to me by various people. Oh, and flowers from Saige and Meadow (thanks Mimi)! It was memorable and I felt extremely special. Thanks everyone.



8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a happy birthday. My 29th was this past Jan. I can't believe it will already be the big 3-0 next year. Crazy!!! Oh, we just went to the Railroad Cafe for my mother-n-laws b-day!! Yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 PM

    Happy Birthday Cheryl!! Glad you had a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!
    Like your Mom, I am loving my 30's and looking forward to grandbabies ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday (a little late!!!) I hope your last year in your twenties is the best ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!

    30s are good, I can attest to that.

    Except I swear, the day you turn 30 the body starts to go downhill. So enjoy this last year of your young body, sister. It's all aches and pains and fat and wrinkles from starting soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:20 PM

    I love the picture of Saige at the front door. Patrick you took it at the perfect time even if the baloons are floating above her head and I am hiding behind the door with the flowers that she wouldn't hold. Saige you are adorable.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Happy Birthday, friend! I enjoy reading your blog once in awhile and hope to see you again someday...it's been so long. I'm glad you had a good week and I wish you a wonderful last year of your 20's!!! :)
    Love, Erin Shiver

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday, cheryl!
    I am so glad you were born.
    I have fond memories of you, and I love reading about your life.
    Take care,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!