I have always been interested in politics. One of my favorite teachers in high school was my government teacher, Mr. Winicki. He challenged his students to think for themselves and never gave his opinion on political issues as to not bias them. I always respected him for that, I assumed he was a Democrat but who knows. Then I went to college and many of my professors there challenged me to think beyond the suburban worldview. I was at a conservative university and I think many of them believed it was their mission to "open the eyes" of the many conservative, white Republicans that attended that school. They definitely challenged me and I always enjoyed the debates that ensued and I would even consider myself to be "liberal" when it comes to social issues. Over the years, I have been less involved because it seems a bit silly to put all your backing behind one person for president. I don't think the Republicans or the Democrats have it ALL right. I believe we need to take care of the poor, but I also am pro-life. And that issue is what brings me to this point. I agree with pastor
James McDonald when he says,
Senator Obama’s views on abortion would be the most radical and extremist of any President in history and are completely out of step with the opinions of mainstream America.
Please go to this
article and read further about what McDonald says about Obama and his view on abortion. It is outrageous and downright disturbing.
That is very frightening !! He just scares me on so many levels ....
ReplyDeleteYes. I'm so glad you posted this, Cheryl. This man's lack of respect for human life is apalling.
ReplyDeleteHey cheryl, of course I remember you.. I would love to share what life is like for a mom of three. Do you have an email address so I don't take up a novel in your comment area?
ReplyDeletetyne
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePreach it sister.
ReplyDelete