Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baby Boy at 36 weeks

In case you don't know my history, we induced Meadow 11 days early because I had trouble with Saige and the doctor wanted to avoid that by hopefully delivering a smaller baby. Well this is a new doctor and she decided that she wanted me to have an ultrasound done in order to see how big the baby was before she decided to induce or not. Ultrasounds apparently aren't that accurate in determining the weight but the tech said that doctors use the percentile to guage the size. Well baby boy is in the 85th percentile! Which apparently is not huge (really?), but in my case may be too big for my frame.
Today I was scheduled to see my doctor to discuss the ultrasound, etc. but she ended up delivering twins and was at the hospital almost all morning. BTW, apparently one of the twins was born vaginally and the other was delivered via C-section. Don't you just feel for that poor mother having to go through both??? Anyways, since that happened I ended up seeing another doctor in the group, which was fine, but she couldn't tell me anything definitive. So alas, I wait, like every other pregnant mom before me. My next appt is in a week and hopefully I will know more then. The good news is that I am thinning out a bit, so maybe baby boy will make his debut at 38 weeks naturally. Wouldn't that be awesome??! :)


Profile shot: if you can tell, it looks like he is about to suck his thumb

Same profile but with his hand across his face. I am curious to see if he sucks his thumb like Meadow because this is how she always looked in the ultrasound pictures!

9 comments:

  1. how exciting! keep us informed. we are so excited for you guys and we will be praying for your last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 3rd trimester ultra-sounds! It sure is getting close, especially if you have him at 38 weeks :)! Praying for you as it gets close because I know this time can be extremely exhausting and uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting at the end is the hardest part. I am still smiling because it's a BOY!! and all boys from this family are just that........ALL BOY!!

    Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cheryl! That is so great that you are having a baby boy! Congrats to you and I will be praying for a healthy delivery...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, maybe not the answer you hoped for, but the answer you were supposed to get! Hang in there and it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. waiting makes the heart grow fonder...(oh yeah, it's distance but waiting sounds great too) in the meantime enjoy your two girls who are sleeping through the night:) this too shall pass:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I was just wondering this morning how far along you were...how exciting that you are so close to meeting your boy! I officially have no internet now, but will be sure to check up on your blog at my parents house to catch a glimpse of your next cutie pie! ALL THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very close!!! i bet you feel like you have a million things to do and no time left :o) that is always how i feel at this point!!
    can wait to meet this little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this time...even though it was so uncomfortable and the waiting was hard. It's just an exciting time. I'll be praying for you and the baby and Patrick and the girls. And I can't wait to hear the name!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!

It's sort of like a love language of mine. So please leave me one!